This is based on C200 or C220 Servers
- Previously have downloaded the C Series relevant firmware update ISO from Cisco to the local machine where update with be started from
- If it is an ESXi host the host is in maintenance mode
- If it is an ESXi host, vmotion the vms off and put the host in maintenance mode.
- Connect to the CIMC Web Interface
- Launch the KVM Console, and go to the Virtual Drive.
- Select “Add Image”. Select the ISO downloaded and then ensure it is “mapped” in the dialog box
- Restart the Server and during boot up when prompted select F6 for the the boot menu
- Select the Cisco Virtual CD/DVD drive and allow the server to boot from the mapped ISO
- It then lists of the options to update, choose “All the above” to apply all updates
- Updates will continue through, monitor progress
- At the end press “any” key
- Ensure Success on each item
- Choose “Reboot (retain current settings of CIMC)
- Firmware will be activated. At this point if CIMC is updated connection will be lost, connection can be regained after about 1 minute.
- Server will reboot, ensure the OS loads correctly