See the first blog where we looked to install a standalone PSC, now we will install the vCenter Appliance
Start by following first 10 steps from Part 1 of this guide
- Setup choose “Install vCenter Server”
- Connect to the SSO Service PSC server deployed earlier in Part 1
- Choose the deployment size based on your site
- Choose a datastore on the ESXi host with adequate free space (and recommend select enable thin disk mode)
- Choose appropriate DB, normally suitable for most deployments is embedded database which is now full scale able for production
- Set network settings (important FQDN is set in DNS
- Install and deployment of the OVF will now start on the chosen ESXi host.
Now you are ready to configure follow the third part of this guide.